CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Pedigree

The next step was to create a family pedigree chart. I've made family trees before but never one like this. I had ever used the Personal Ancestral File (PAF) program before. I went to labs at the Genealogy Lab on campus in the JFSB every Wednesday afternoon between classes for about two hours each week. The TA's were very useful in teaching me how to use the program. I kept a record of all of the E-mails, Web sites, time, etc. that I spent putting together my pedigree and family group record. I really enjoy having a pedigree so that I can see exactly how I'm related to George and Mary Ann Sparks. The PAF program also has an option for you to "Add Sources" so that I could remember where I got this information and be able to find it again if I need to, or so that I know where to go if I want to continue looking for information.

No comments:

Post a Comment