CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Locality

Queen Anne's and Kent County, Maryland are where George and Mary Ann lived. I have been both places numerous amounts of times because a lot of my mother's family still lives in that area. Professor Summers asked us to research the place where they lived so that we would have more background. I found that the majority of people living in that area are farmers-just like I suspected. The family we have that lives there are farmers, as were George and Mary Ann. Queen Anne's county is on the Eastern Shore of Maryland near the Chesapeake Bay. It was one of the first counties formed in the US as Maryland was one of the original 13 colonies. It was named after Queen Anne of Britain. The most populated part of it is in Stevensville, which is right across the Bay Bridge. However, at the time of George and Mary Ann, Centreville was the most populated area which is where they lived for a time.

I spent my first birthday there along with many summers and visits to my great-grandmother, uncles and aunts, cousins, second cousins and great aunts and uncles. We have a family reunion every summer in a park in Kent County where we have a ton of food but everyone looks forward to the crabs my great grandmother Helen brings (Maryland is famous for their crabs). I enjoyed researching about these places because although I've been there many times it's interesting to learn the vital facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment